Planned Session Topics
Emerging infectious diseases are, more than ever, at the center of the world’s attention. Join a diverse group of colleagues from around the world as they present new knowledge and breakthroughs about how to discover, detect, understand, prevent and respond to outbreaks of emerging disease threats.
Healthcare professionals including physicians and veterinarians, public health professionals, epidemiologists, research scientists, environmentalists, biotechnology industry, journalists, and policy makers.
Planned session topics include:
- One Health challenges in the Infectious Diseases Community
- Emerging infectious diseases in humans and animals and the “One Health” concept
- Methods and models of disease surveillance, detection, and prediction
- COVID-19 updates and lessons learned
- COVID-19 Vaccine Development Round Table
- Emerging zoonoses and animal health threats
- Biosecurity and agents of bioterrorism and biological warfare
- Infections related to travel and migration of humans and animals
- Advanced diagnostic technologies for emerging infectious diseases
- Foodborne and waterborne pathogens
- Specific disease threats: Pandemic Avian, and Swine Influenza; Ebola, Yellow Fever, Lassa, and other Viral Hemorrhagic Fevers; antimicrobial-resistant pathogens, Anthrax, plague; healthcare-associated Infections; Coronaviruses: SARS-CoV, MERS-CoV, SARS-CoV-2; Pandemic impact on HIV/TB, vaccination programs, and antimicrobial resistance.
- Vaccines and therapeutics for emerging diseases
- Social, political, and economic factors in disease emergence
- Epidemic/Pandemic preparedness and response
- Neglected emerging threats: Snake bites, rabies, marine toxins, and fungal pathogens
- Submitted abstracts (oral and poster)
* Planned topics are subject to change!